Wednesday, April 11, 2007

An Apple a day ...

... keeps Windows away. So they say. I ordered a 20" iMac (2.16 GHz, 256 MB graphics) last week-end, and with any luck it will be here by Friday.

With the Apple II (europlus and IIe) being the first desktop computers I´ve used, and with the amazing design and hardware facts, this was just the thing to blow this years bonus payment on. Well, that, and that now, with OSX my trusty HP715/100 under NeXTStep gets a worthy successor/neighbour.

I will not be Windows-free, however... I need it for the games. Which about sets things right, I can just about stomach it as the game console OS.


For the multiple-OS approach here´s a link (in German). The Mac will not boot a regular CD. Why? It´s got no old-style BIOS anymore, but a more recent and powerfull boot loader, and Apple BootCamp is the way around this. From what I´ve read the solution is elegant.

I´ll keep you posted.

Dirk Olbertz » Erste Schritte mit BootCamp auf dem iMac : The Blog that never sleeps

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thu Apr 12, 09:19:00 pm CEST, Blogger Duckiputz said...

Hmm, my iMac left the shop a day late, and is currently being shipped out from Cork. Well, perhaps Monday will be the day %)

 
At Sun Apr 15, 11:12:00 pm CEST, Blogger Duckiputz said...

Well, it seems, my iMac is still sitting around somewhere in the UK.

 
At Tue Apr 17, 10:58:00 am CEST, Blogger Duckiputz said...

Well, it is here, came yesterday. More stuff soon to come. Right now there is simply too much of that work thing getting in the way %)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home